Friday, January 1, 2010

Thank God it's over!

Goodbye 2009!

Hello 2010!!!


I have never been happier to see a year end than I was when the clock struck 12:00!!

2009 sucked! Start to finish!!!

I don't know how we made it through with everything that went wrong. It was definitely a year to forget. My kids are so used to disappointments now that it doesn't seem to bother them anymore. They just carry on with life and ignore the fact that their life is 90% sucky. The only highlight of the year for them was Christmas!! And only because someone FABULOUS in my town made sure that my kids had a great Christmas. Very few things leave me speechless, but when I opened up the bags of donated gifts I was left in a puddle. My husband couldn't say anything, he just stood there, eyes wide and mouth ready to speak, but there were just no words.

There were good things that did come out of 2009.

I made a new friend who has gone above and beyond the call of friendship.

I learned just what you can and can't live without. That we really require so little to survive.

I learned that taking phone orders really is the most boring job I ever had.

I learned that many families are suffering through the economy just like us.

I am hoping that this new year will be a little more forgiving than the last. That we may find a firm foothold and not be on the brink of disaster anymore. That we may be able to pay our house payment so we won't be homeless. That work at the boiler company that has hired Steve will finally pick up so he can start his new job (If you are the praying kind, maybe you could help us out with this one)!!

So Happy New Year everyone! I hope your year is filled with health, wealth and happiness.

1 comment:

Evansmom said...

I hope that 2010 is full of good health, wealth and a great deal of happiness.

From what you listed, it seems like 2009 was very tough but also a great learning experience for you. I admire your attitude. :)