Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yup, it's my birthday..

I'm 34 today. Time flies... My kids are super excited about today being my birthday. They don't understand yet that I don't have big parties with balloons and presents and my friends over to play musical statues. I don't even have a cake. Which bothers them a whole lot more than it does me. I did get homemade cards from my little's and a nice card from my hubby. Even got new Crockpot with a mini croc to go with it. Very nice. I never thought I would see the day where I just don't care that it's my birthday, but here it is. Kind of sad really, I'm turning into an old fuddy duddy. I have to look on the bright side of things, when my mother was my age, I was only a year old. My youngest is 4, so I will still be relatively young when I have grandchildren. Yeah, it's not to far off.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday!

And for the record, I had my last child at 40, my first child at 23. If my calculations are correct, my first grandchild could be my youngest child's aunt or uncle and there only be a a few years apart...

Well, that's a big if. Let's hope it doesn't happen. For a long long time.